Easily create a dish of tasty paella with seafood. Learn how with the recipe below...
1/2 cup of olive oil
One green and one red pepper, cut into thin strips
1/2 kilo of octopus cut into small pieces
1/2 kilo of squid cut into pieces
1 cup of dry white wine
About 2 liters of fish broth or chicken stock
8-10 mussels in their shells, thoroughly washed with a brush
1 kg scampi half cleaned, only with their tail, and half with their shell
2-3 Common sole fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces (optional)
4-5 saffron threads (saffron)
1 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
1/2 kilo of rice Carolina
freshly ground pepper
- In a 40 cm pot for paella or a similar size pan, heat the oil and sauté the peppers. When softened, remove them with a slotted spoon. In the same oil fry for 3-4 minutes the octopus and the squid. Pour in the wine, add 1/2 a cup of broth and turn down the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Rub the saffron between your fingers to crumble and dissolve it in 1/2 a cup of boiling broth. Pour into the pan with the seafood, add the paprika and the remaining broth and leave to boil, add some salt and add the rest of the seafood. Once it starts boiling again, sprinkle the rice over the pan, to go everywhere.
- Boil for 5 minutes at high temperature. Turn down the heat, carefully remove from the pan the crawfish, mussels and the fish, if you are using it, and simmer the rice for 10-15 minutes without stirring, shaking the pan occasionally, until it boils and "drinks" its own juice.
- If necessary, add a little more broth. Taste and add some pepper and salt if necessary.
- Place the fish on top and serve the paella while hot.